Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mexico!!!

I don't even know where to start. This is so crazy! I can't believe I’m actually in Mexico! ahhhhh!!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you what this place is like. It is beyond anything I can compare. I’m just gonna give a brief little overview of the past two days.

Basically we arrived in Leon and drove straight over to the mission office. We dropped off our stuff and then all 17 of us new missionaries went over to the mission home for la comida which is basically like lunch...only it’s at like 230 in the afternoon. We introduced ourselves to the president and his wife and well everyone that was there. It was kinda strange because presidente del valle had the gringos speak Spanish and the Mexicans speak English. Apparently it is my job to help my companion learn English. Crazy! Anyway, we slept there that night and the next day we met our companions. My companion is elder ortiz and he has been out here 6 months. He is 18 years old and is a great missionary. He is my trainer for the next three months. After that short time I will be a trainer. Can you believe it!

So my mind is really sorta exploding. I don't even know what to say or how to say it. I guess that is sort of why they give new missionaries a preparation day right after they get to their area. Speaking of which, I am in Amerigas, Aguas Calientes.Elder Ortiz keeps saying this area es lo mejor and in all seriousness I believe him. We are in the middle of a pretty big town and it’s really pretty nice. Sorry cause I forgot my camera but some day I’ll post some pictures for you. I am surprised at how much Spanish I know...and how much I still have to learn. Elder Ortiz and I are going to visit some families today for la comida and also to teach some lessons. I am so excited! I know I’ve already said this is crazy but let me just add this...I already love it =)

Real fast I just want to give you some info. You can still send me letters! It may take a tad bit longer to get to me and for me to reply but you can send them. Dear elders to. And even packages which may or may not make it to me. I’ve talked to some people and they told me that the stickers and such don't really matter. If someone wants the package, they will take it. And in all seriousness I don't need anything, ok. The address you should send it to is as follows

Mision Mexico Leon (accent on the o of mision the e of mexico and the o leon)

Elder Benjamin Williams

Calle Torre Vieja #128

Colonia Arbide

Leon, Guanajuato 37360

and I can probably send you letters back...maybe... but yeah. vamos a ver. this address will not change by the way. What happens is you send it to the mission office and they send it to me. Ok that is all that I really have to say.

I love you tons!

Elder Ben Williams

Ps please pray that my head will stop spinning! I feel super overwhelmed but I’m still smiling. There is a lot for me to learn but that is ok because you know what, it will all come in time =)

pps my new preparation day will be Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment