Sunday, October 7, 2012

Conference Thoughts Continued

This letter (not email) was written after conference (October 6&7,2012).

Wow! What a historic day for missionary service!  In case you missed it young men can now go on a mission at 18 and young women can serve at 19!!  For any of you thinking about serving, DO IT!  Get your papers in ASAP and get serving!  Any of my feminine friends who have the desire to serve, pray and ask if its right and then go for it.  I know some of you (my friends male and female) are struggling with what you want to do with your future.  Some of you wonder what you will do with the next year. Might I suggest missionary service as an incredible option!  I promise you won't regret it.

Whew! That was a lot.  I don't know about you but I feel as if today I was spiritually fed to the point of bursting.  So much of the teachings of God's messengers can be applied in my our lives. I challenge you to pick things that struck you and to act on them.  Just do it!!!

Sunday, What a spiritual feast!  I feel like because I was looking for answers, I found them in the words of the prophets and God's chosen servants.  I feel like there is so much I can apply but I've narrowed my list to 6 things I've heard that were specific to me:

1. Act immediately on promptings of the spirit.
2. Be exactly obedient to God's laws
3. Be faithful and eliminate things that stop faith
4.Love everyone but especially the Lord God
5.Submit to the will of the father
6.Be converted to Christ and never turn back.
I hope all of you will apply the things you believe were meant specifically for you to hear.  I love you all!  Gotta listen to Chad Lewis now!  Talk/write you soon1
                                Elder Ben Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment