Monday, October 22, 2012

I've Learned....

Dear Fam,

What a beautiful work we live in!  I love this place so much!  I can't believe how blessed i am to be here in the MTC.  At this time.  It is one of my greatest blessings.  I can't wait to see what it's like in Mexico!  Every day my excitement grows and I am about to burst with love of the gospel and well everything!!  It was a great week, as every week here is ( great that is)  & as always I learned tone.  Before I talk about my week, I just wanna recap a little of what I learned. 
From a video in workshop I learned: "Without a goal, life is pointless."  I need to se daily, weekly, eternal etc. goals.  If i do I will be able to see my personal growth 7 also the blessings of the Lord.  I'm glad i learned that.
I also applied the knowledge that going through the motions of church work does not allow growth.  I have to do things because I know they will help me grow to know my Savior.
I mentioned that Elder Bowen came Tuesday night.  He is a powerful , passionate speaker.  The most important thing I learned or that I felt applied most to me is this" Open your mouth. do not be afraid, be bold!I learned that when we have faith the spirit will guide and even if we don't see the result then & there, at least we will have done our part.
That really struck me as a missionary.  I need to play my part in bringing sheep back to the told.  That was a powerful experience for me.
I love that I can see how to change and that he is providing a way to do what he has asked. I am changing the way I read the scriptures and it help my study become a ton more effective.  First I pray, asking questions that I need answers to.  Then I search, both by topic and in my daily chapter reading, for answers to my main question.  I stop and ponder each verse to see how it applies to my life.  this is the pattern I've developed and it help so  much with getting into the scriptures.  My challenge to you is to find a pattern for yourself ::) Good luck.

I think about you all a lot. Everyday, something reminds me of each of you, my family, individually.  I'm so grateful that ours will be an eternal family if we follow god's commandments. I love you all so much and pray for you all the time.  I hope to hear from you soon!

Te Amo!
Elder Ben Williams

P.S.  Before I leave I'd like to receive a letter written in your handwriting with your testimony in it!  That would be the best gift ever:)

No comments:

Post a Comment