Friday, October 12, 2012

Incredible Responsibility.

Dear Fam!

I say a lot in the emails but I love writing letters, it is helpful to get my feelings on paper. We taught a lesson Wednesday night. We felt the spirit testify of the true the entire way thorugh.  We shared scriptures that seemed to clear up questions and taught well.  It wasn't just us though.  I really think the spirit was speaking through us. That was humbling.

Remember I said we have devotionals on Tuesday and then have District testimony meetings after? Well Elder Bednar said a lot of good stuff.  But it was his what his wife said that sparked this thought:
" What does being Mormon mean to me?"
I was thinking about that while I was listening to Elder Bednar and after.  In testimony meeting I heard myself say: "This is the only true church on this earth."  Yea well a lot of people have said that "but think about it!  We are possessors of the whole truth, the most light in this world. And we have the divine responsibility to share it.

Later that week Hermano Lloyd had us read D&C 18:10-11 " Remember the aworth of bsouls is great in the sight of God;   For, behold, the Lord your aRedeemer suffered bdeath in the flesh; wherefore he csuffered the dpain of all men, that all men might repent and ecome unto him.    


 That is the price! The life of a divine being even Jesus the Christ.  That is why missionary work is so important.  It is our responsibility to make sure that the greatest gift ever given isn't wasted. The antonment is that incredible gift.  It is my job as a missionary and your job as a member of the church to make sure this gift is used.  

MY PURPOSE HAS BEEN REDIFINED.  
I know now why I am out here. To do the will of God and bring others to eternal joy in and through christ. What an incredible. responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment